India - Nagaland
CURRENT UPDATE: JUNE 2016
Greetings to all in the name of our Lord and Savior! God has provided us with many opportunities for His glory!
- We have been working hard to repair and expand our ministry campus and Bible college facilities where we hold Children’s and Youth ministry.
- The Bible college students divided into different teams to visit churches, sharing the Gospel, praying with the community members, and witnessing through song.
- Our missionary visited the Angel House in Andra Pradish, where he ministered to the orphaned children, special needs children and prostitutes.
We praise God for the prayers and support of the World Hope International family. We ask for your continued prayer. Please pray for the Bible College students and staff who will begin a new academic period. Ask God to prepare the hearts and minds of the students and teachers and that resources are available as needed. Additionally, please pray for God’s strength, wisdom and protection for the teachers in the Children’s Ministry and for the children’s hearts to grow in love of their Father.
Thank you for your love and support and continued prayers.
Amenla Jamir, Director.
Geographically and politically, India dominates South Asia and the Indian Ocean. Constitutionally, there are 22 offical languages, though Hindi is spoken by 40% of the population. There are 456 languages spread out among the 1 billion people.
Hinduism: 74% of population
Christians: 5.8% of population
(source from Operation World)
Who– Sister Amenla Jamir
Where – Assam and Nagaland, India
What– Sowing the seed of the gospel through educating and feeding street children in Assam among the Hindu tea plantations. The World Hope team in India also has a dynamic door-to-door evangelism team that has seen many churches planted on the tea plantations where the children are cared for and educated. They are also beginning new evangelism work in neighboring Myanmar.
How– Amenla and her team continue to meet the needs of the local children, which opens huge doors to the parents and families to hear the gospel, start new churches and see God bring transformation through His Word, His Gospel and His Spirit!
Why– Jesus said, “I AM the way, the truth and the life, and no one can go to the Father in heaven except through Me.” Without believing in and living for Jesus, the wrath of God will keep the lost from experiencing heaven and eternal salvation. Jesus said, “Go and make disciples…”, so Amenla has been called to go and continue to give guidance to her father’s vision and calling to do God’s work among their dear people in India.
What’s already been done? Amenla and her team have already seen God use the children’s program to open many doors for several church plants among former Hindus working in the surrounding tea plantations in the Hindu Indian state of Assam. Amenla has also directed a local Bible College in the neighboring Indian state of Nagaland. Her father’s vision with World Hope was to provide a systematic biblical education to young church leaders who would be leading the future evangelical work in India. This college continues to move forward, educating about 50 students per semester. A couple times a year, they also host the World Hope Bible Institute to equip and encourage local pastors and leaders. God is growing His Church through this amazing work!
Can you come alongside our work in India? YES! Here are 4 ways you can join God in this great work of making disciples in India:
- Pray! Please join us in praying the following:
- God will pour out His Spirit to open hearts and minds to the gospel.
- God will pour out His resources through His worldwide Church to help this ministry thrive daily.
- God will keep Amenla, her two young boys, her mother and their team spiritually healthy to endure all the obstacles of the enemies with joy, thanksgiving, courage, purity and faithfulness.
- Be sure to click "Direct my Donation To" and select "Monthly Support by Country."
- In the dropdown menu that appears, please enter "India." Your gift will go towards the support of Amenla and God's ministry through her in India.
If you would like to know more about WHMI or India please call our offices at 281.978.4570 or email Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Get in Touch with World Hope Call Us at 281-978-4570